Network Membership Director – UK100
UK100 Cities Network
Closing date: 28 February 2021
The purpose of this role is to develop UK100’s network of over 100 local leaders, and their staff, who are committed to taking ambitious action to tackle air pollution and the Climate Emergency.
We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Network Membership Director to deploy political insight and use outstanding collaboration skills to develop UK100’s network and enable ambitious action from local leaders and their staff.
- Lead UK100’s work that develops and manages a network of elected local leaders and their teams, supporting our members to share policy expertise and best practice, and convening them to advocate for greater local action on climate and clean air.
- Lead UK100’s membership pledge programme that secures leaders’ commitment to ambitious action towards Net Zero climate emissions – and develop support for them to deliver against it, with regular meetings, communications and research.
- Manage two UK100 Political Advisors to develop and deliver effective engagement across the political spectrum at local and national level, maintaining a voice for local government in the climate conversation.
- Manage UK100’s Countryside Climate Network of Local Leaders
- Map and implement actions that enable countryside and rural issues to be appropriately represented in UK100’s communications, advocacy and wider work.
- Manage a “Local Power In Action” Programme Manager (to be recruited) that will oversee a programme of work to provide tailored support for Local Authorities wanting to drive substantial, tangible progress towards Net Zero and clean air.
- Work with UK100’s communications team to deliver a programme of communication that supports and engages UK100’s membership
- Support the development of UK100’s CRM database
- Manage impactful projects: to time, on budget and that meet agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Ensuring UK100 is effective and successful by providing strategic input as part of the Senior Leadership team
- Represent UK100 at meetings and public events to promote ambitious action to tackle air pollution and the Climate Emergency from Local Authorities, national Government and business.
- Strong understanding of relevant policy and politics re: air pollution and Climate Emergency
- Understanding of the structures of local government
- Understanding of local opportunities and challenges for action on air pollution and the climate emergency
- Understanding of relevant organisational best practice and the systems and processes that support it.
- Policy Development
- Working in partnership with others and wider relationship management
- Working in a lobbying or advocacy role
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships
- Effective project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to represent the organisation with external stakeholders
- Committed to the vision of UK100
The post holder will:
- Be part of the Senior Leadership Team
- Report to the UK100 Director
- Manage two Political Advisors
- Manage a Local Power Partnership Manager (to be recruited)
- Work closely with the Director, Policy Director, Campaigns Manager and Programmes & Operations Manager
INTERNAL: UK100 Director, Policy Director, Campaigns Manager, Political Advisors, Operations Assistant, Campaigns Officer
EXTERNAL: Relevant business and corporates, NGO’s and partner organisations, Parliamentary and local government offices, Relevant Local Authority officers, academics
Working Conditions: The postholder can be based in the UK100 London office (once we return from remote working), and will be expected to be flexible in the ways hours are worked. Some travel around the UK will be required.
Hours: Full time, Permanent
Location: Virtual but will be office based in London in the future
Closing Date: 28th February 2021 23.59 GMT
Interviews: To be held virtually on week commencing 8th March 2021
Application Details: Please send a CV (max 2 pages) and a cover letter that sets out how you would take forward the role and what you see as the main priorities (max 1 page) to: [email protected]Apply for this job
Share this job
Smart Thinking is not responsible for any of the content uploaded by recruiters and included in the job and internship adverts. Nor is it responsible for the content on any third party sites linked to the Smart Thinking website.
Organisation: UK100 Cities Network
Salary range: £40,000 +
Closing date: 28 February 2021
Contract type: Permanent
About the Organisation
UK100 is the only network for UK local authorities, urban, suburban and rural, focused climate and clean energy policy. We connect local leaders to each other, to business and to national government, enabling them to showcase their achievements, learn from each other and speak collectively to accelerate the transition to clean energy. We work closely with elected representatives, policy experts and grassroots campaigners to make the clean energy transition a reality. This involves developing solutions to challenges faced by each and all of our local leaders, whatever their geography, history or makeup, so as to influence national government and building public support for clean energy solutions.Visit website