Bright Blue are looking for two additional Non-Executive Directors to join this ambitious and fast-growing think tank. The intention is to appoint these new Non-Executive Directors at the same time as our new Chair is announced.
We would love to work with talented people who can challenge the organisation in a constructive and creative way, and who do not shy away from asking difficult questions and making difficult decisions.
Successful applicants will be thoughtful, entrepreneurial and spirited, and will strengthen our professional, social and/or intellectual diversity. They should be as passionate about Bright Blue’s values and success as our current board members.
The Non-Executive Directors will support Bright Blue with the next chapter of the think tank, which will include:
• Expanding the research themes of the think tank, especially on economic policy
• The production and promotion of advanced data analysis
• Recruiting a strong and broad senior executive team
• Diversifying our revenue
• A significant increase and innovation in our social and traditional media output
• Developing an exciting events and outreach programme, especially outside London
• Building our presence outside England, including developing new alliances and projects with think tanks internationally.
The two new Non-Executive Directors will join Bright Blue’s high-profile and highly engaged Board of Directors, which has legal responsibility for governing the think tank and providing financial and strategic advice to the Executive Team.
The Non-Executive Directors will have the following core responsibilities:
- Attending our quarterly board meeting and, if appointed, our quarterly finance sub-committee meeting
- Providing advice and accountability on the financial, intellectual and strategic direction of the organisation, including approving our annual accounts
- Engaging with and advising senior members of the executive team on a regular basis
- Building Bright Blue’s network of funders, politicians, entrepreneurs, senior business and charity representatives, academics, and journalists.
- Attending our biannual Advisory Council meeting
- Participating in and helping grow our membership and Donors Club
- Representing Bright Blue as a guest, speaker or chair as part of our regular events programme
We are looking for two additional Non-Executive Directors. One of the Non-Executive Directors will have strong experience in and knowledge of fundraising.
We welcome applications from commercially-minded individuals with proven success in helping to grow organisations, either as a senior executive or a non-executive.
We welcome applicants who will strengthen our professional, social and/or intellectual diversity.
We welcome applications from people who meet the following essential criteria:
- A belief in Bright Blue’s core values
- Successful experience as a senior executive or non-executive in the private, public or third sector
- Strong interest in and knowledge of public policy
- Strong experience in and knowledge of fundraising (for one candidate)
Bright Blue is a not-for-profit organisation and Non-Executive Directors are not remunerated.
Please submit your CV and covering letter to Ryan Shorthouse, Chief Executive of Bright Blue, at [email protected]