Policy Relations & Events Coordinator – Council on Geostrategy
Council on Geostrategy
Closing date: 17 May 2021
We seek to appoint a highly motivated, well-organised individual with excellent interpersonal and communications skills to coordinate our policy relations and events. The successful applicant will have a graduate or postgraduate degree and a keen interest in strengthening the national power and profile of the United Kingdom, as well as foreign affairs and environmental security more generally.
The Policy Relations and Events Coordinator will be an integral part of our organisation’s team. The successful applicant will actively involve themselves in promoting our work and coordinating policy relations with key stakeholders in the Palace of Westminster and Whitehall, and managing our events programme.
- Promoting our work to decision makers in Parliament and Whitehall;
- Identifying political opportunities and parliamentary processes to disseminate research output and ideas;
- Developing relationships with parliamentary staff, civil servants, foreign embassies, think-tanks and organisations;
- Following the work of Parliament and Whitehall in relevant areas;
- Coordinating our events programme and sourcing new events ideas;
- Creating and disseminating events invitations and promotions;
- Attending all events and ensuring they run smoothly;
- Other relevant duties related to the role.
- Graduate (Classification of 2.1 or equivalent or above) and/or postgraduate degree;
- A keen interest in in strengthening the national power and profile of the United Kingdom, as well as foreign affairs and environmental security more generally;
- Ability to build long-term and impactful relationships with stakeholders;
- Excellent organisational, time-management and interpersonal skills;
- Advanced skills in Google Workstation, and other key IT applications; social media skills;
- Perfect command of English and attention to detail;
- Team worker with a proactive inclination and positive attitude.
- 2 page CV and 1 page Cover Letter
Successful candidates will be invited for an online interview.
Salary: £22,000 per annum (gross)
- 28 days leave including bank holidays (increasing with length of service);
- Company sick pay.
Closing date: 12:00 BST, 17th May 2021 (interviews will take place on a rolling basis before the closing date).
Expected starting date: Mid/Late May 2021
Equal opportunities: We are an equal opportunities employer.Apply for this job
Share this job
Smart Thinking is not responsible for any of the content uploaded by recruiters and included in the job and internship adverts. Nor is it responsible for the content on any third party sites linked to the Smart Thinking website.
Organisation: Council on Geostrategy
Salary range: £20,000 - £30,000
Closing date: 17 May 2021
Contract type: Permanent
About the Organisation
The Council on Geostrategy is an independent non-profit organisation situated in the heart of Westminster. We focus on an international environment increasingly defined by geopolitical competition and the environmental crisis.Visit website