Project Manager / Senior Co-ordinator – IIED
International Institute for Environment and Development
Closing date: 28 April 2021
The International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED) is a policy and action research organisation promoting sustainable development and linking local priorities to global challenges. We are based in London and Edinburgh and work on five continents with some of the world’s most vulnerable people to strengthen their voice in the decision-making arenas that affect them. With more than 100 members of staff working with associates and partners around the world, IIED has been at the forefront of policymaking in sustainable development for over 40 years.
IIED’s Climate Change Group (CCG) works with those who have less voice and power in climate decision-making to co-create solutions that shape pathways and drive action for a just and sustainable future.
CCG’s Climate Governance and Finance Team collaborates with public sector institutions (governments, bilateral and multilateral partners and development finance institutions), civil society actors and private sector entities in the developing world to design and test innovative solutions to climate change related risks.
We are now seeking a part-time Project Manager/Senior Co-ordinator to join the Climate Governance and Finance Team for a nine-month, fixed term maternity cover contract.
- Salary of £39,114 – £43,064 per annum (up to £48,595 for exceptional candidates) depending on experience
- Benefits package
This is an incredible opportunity for a senior level administrator or project manager with financial management experience and a deep grasp of communications outputs to take on a vital contract supporting a key Group within our organisation.
As a Project Manager/Senior Co-ordinator, you will ensure the effective and efficient implementation of a complex portfolio of multi-partner, international research and policy projects.
Managing the organisational, finance and contractual aspects of a portfolio of projects, you will assist with the production of communications outputs and provide general support to the Climate Governance and Finance Team’s programme of work.
Primarily working on the project management aspects of the role, you will also play a key part in the delivery of finance projects and work and will also take part in business development and fundraising and events, networking and communications management to a lesser extent.
To be considered as a Project Manager/Senior Co-ordinator, you will need:
- Experience of managing budgets and/or financial monitoring and planning
- Experience of managing communications outputs
- Experience of working in a non-profit organisation in co-ordination and strategic support roles
- Experience of supporting fundraising proposals to major donors
- Experience in event administration and co-ordination of travel arrangements for international collaborators
- Knowledge of finance systems such as Access Business software
- An understanding and experience of proposal and/or business development
- Excellent knowledge of office software (including word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, databases and communications)
- A good understanding of sustainable development and climate change issues
- The ability to liaise with different partners, donors, stakeholders and audiences at various levels and remotely
- An awareness of the actors, institutions and issues in the sustainable development arena linked to own projects
- A high level of analytical, technical and synthesis skills
Finance and/or project management qualifications would be beneficial to your application, as would a working knowledge of another international language (in addition to English).
Other organisations may call this role Team Co-ordinator, Project Manager, Senior Programme Administrator, Project Accountant, Project Finance Co-ordinator, Programme Co-ordinator, or Project Co-ordinator.
This is a 9 month maternity cover contract, part-time role working four days per week.
Webrecruit and IIED are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Project Manager/Senior Co-ordinator, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
The closing deadline for applications is 28th April 2021.
Interviews will be held w/c 10th May 2021.Apply for this job
Share this job
Smart Thinking is not responsible for any of the content uploaded by recruiters and included in the job and internship adverts. Nor is it responsible for the content on any third party sites linked to the Smart Thinking website.
Organisation: International Institute for Environment and Development
Location: London / Edinburgh
Salary range: £40,000 +
Closing date: 28 April 2021
Contract type: Temporary
About the Organisation
We are the International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED), an independent policy research organisation that aims to deliver positive change for the poorest people in the developing world. Our mission is to build a fairer, more sustainable world using evidence, action and influence, working in partnership with othersVisit website