Research Associate – Justice & Care
Justice & Care
Closing date: 23 December 2020
Justice & Care’s International Systemic Change Unit (ISCU) specialises in the development of robust research and analysis to inform operational practice, sectoral learning and policy making. The ISCU collaborates with specialists and respected stakeholders, to develop a deeper understanding of the interventions, systems, and conditions that reduce slavery, and to influence conversations and decision-making that drives systemic change. The intersection of Justice & Care’s operational excellence, rigorous research, policy focus and commitment to collaboration provides a unique opportunity for impact.
We are seeking a Research Associate to join the ISCU team. The purpose of the role is to:
- identify, analyse and synthesise existing evidence
- conduct original research and analysis that advances knowledge and promotes greater impact
- initiate formative pilot testing of promising programs
- generate collaborative learning and policy ideas that drive systemic change
The successful candidate should expect to be involved in original cutting-edge research and the discovery of new innovative responses to slavery for the direct application of our operations and partners, and the creation of systemic change at the highest level.
This role will report to the International Systemic Change Unit Director and is offered on a fixed-term 12 month contract, either full or part-time depending upon the circumstances of the successful candidate.
Remuneration will be commensurate with skills and experience of the successful candidate, and competitive within the charitable sector.
Successful Candidate Requirements
- PhD or equivalent professional experience in international development, economics, public policy or another relevant social science
- Excellent quantitative skills and understanding of social science research methodologies, sampling and statistical analysis
- Experience of drafting complex reports/policy proposals with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience with working collaboratively across teams, institutions or organisations to achieve specific outcomes
- A strong academic record with experience of writing and presenting to academic and non-academic audiences
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- High level of self-motivation and ability to work under pressure while maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- Effective project and time management skills, including timely recording and reporting and the ability to prioritise multiple conflicting tasks to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to adapt communication style to present complex information and ideas to a variety of audiences, including academics, the media and the general public
- Knowledge of standard software and data analysis packages
- Strong interest in seeing evidence informed decision-making
- Strong interest in combatting slavery, through the application of academic excellence, rigorous analysis and innovative thinking
To apply for this role, please click on the apply button and start your job application. Include your full CV and a covering letter of no more than 1,500 words setting out your suitability for and interest in this post. Your covering letter should address the candidate requirements outlined above.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.Apply for this job
Share this job
Smart Thinking is not responsible for any of the content uploaded by recruiters and included in the job and internship adverts. Nor is it responsible for the content on any third party sites linked to the Smart Thinking website.
Organisation: Justice & Care
Salary range: Competitive
Closing date: 23 December 2020
Contract type: Permanent
About the Organisation
Justice & Care is an anti-slavery organisation working internationally to address slavery and human trafficking, provide release and care for victims, dismantle criminal networks and bring perpetrators to justice. It works to protect communities at risk from traffickers and to spark systemic change.Visit website