Smart Thinking Terms & Conditions for Advertisers
www.smartthinking.org.uk (the “Site”) is owned and operated by Smart Thinking Platform Ltd (“Smart Thinking”) and is made available to you on the following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”). By using the Site and the services available on it you are deemed to accept these Terms and Conditions.
By submitting a job advert the “Advertiser” (whether they are the organisation referred to in the job advert or a recruitment agency posting on their behalf) accepts and agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions in full.
The following Terms & Conditions apply to all Advertisers and users who access or use Smart Thinking as intended or for organisations seeking to make available information regarding job vacancies on their behalf or other’s behalf including agencies purchasing for multiple parties (“Recruiters”). For the purposes of these Terms & Conditions all references to “you” or “your” shall mean you, the individual or organisation using the Site in your capacity as an Advertiser.
2. As an Advertiser your account is for business use only and not for personal use. You are responsible for keeping your account details safe and secure. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your account details, you must promptly notify Smart Thinking at [email protected]
3. The information and services available on the Site are provided for the sole purpose of Advertisers seeking to recruit staff. You may use, print and download information from the Site for the purposes identified in this clause 3 only and for no other personal or commercial purpose.
4. Smart Thinking is not responsible for and disclaims all liability if your email is used improperly or falsely by a third party.
5. By signing up for a Smart Thinking account you agree to receive mandatory email updates regarding activity related to your Smart Thinking account.
6. Smart Thinking reserves the right to remove or delete any email address or name that we believe to be untrue or inaccurate.
7. If Smart Thinking has a credit card on file belonging to an Advertiser to pay for one of our products or services Smart Thinking may charge that card for any additional products or services an Advertiser subsequently orders.
8. You are responsible for the contents of any job adverts submitted for publication and agree that Smart Thinking is not responsible for such content and excludes any and all liability for such content, including as to whether such content is legal or not.
9. You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
10. You agree that Smart Thinking may reject or remove any job advert for any reason in its sole discretion.
11. Smart Thinking does not guarantee any applicants will be received after a job advert is posted on the Site. For the avoidance of doubt Smart Thinking will not vet any applicants and does not guarantee an applicant’s suitability for a job advert posted.
12. You shall indemnify Smart Thinking from any third party claim or liability arising out of any job advert created by or posted by you. Smart Thinking have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to the Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or their right to privacy.
13. Smart Thinking may make job advert analytics data available on the Site and may provide such data regarding your account to anyone at your company at Smart Thinking’s discretion.
14. To the extent permitted by law, if you have an unpaid or outstanding invoice or account balance and Smart Thinking has notified you of this and you have failed to rectify the situation within 30 days’ then Smart Thinking reserves the right to suspend your use of any product or Service including but not limited to those products or services that are unpaid.
15. Smart Thinking provides filters to help Job Seekers search through job adverts and these categories (e.g. location) are created independently and entirely by Smart Thinking.
16. Smart Thinking does not guarantee that the Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of the Site for business and operational reasons.
18. We do not guarantee that the Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. Advertisers are responsible for configuring their information technology, computer programmes and platform to access the Site. Advertisers should use their own virus protection software.
19. These Terms and Conditions, their subject matter and their formation, are governed by English law. It is agreed by the parties that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
20. All copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights in the Site and the material available on the Site belongs to Smart Thinking Platform Ltd. Use of the Site does not give an Advertiser or Recruiter any proprietary rights in such materials.
21. Any content you upload to the Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant Smart Thinking and other users of the Site a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to Job Seekers.