The King’s Fund is an independent charitable organisation working to improve health and care in England. Our vision is that the best possible health and care is available to all. We aim to be a catalyst for change and to inspire improvements in health and care by:
- generating and sharing ideas and evidence
- offering rigorous analysis and independent challenge
- bringing people together to discuss, share and learn
- supporting and developing people, teams and organisations
- helping people to make sense of the health and care system.
Our work spans the breadth of health and care policy and practice, giving us a unique understanding of the strategic context for health and care now and in the future. We use this understanding to influence policy and practice and to help people navigate the complexity of the systems in which they operate.
Within this, our five-year strategy sets out three areas of focus where we believe we can maximise our impact. We work with people in the health and care system to:
- drive improvements in health and wellbeing across places and communities
- improve health and care for people with the worst health outcomes
- support people and leaders working in health and care.
Underpinning all our work is our broad knowledge of the health and care system and the relationships we hold across the system. We use our independence to speak truth to power, providing independent analysis, explaining key issues and responding to developments across the complex and changing landscape of health and care.