This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you or that you provide to us is collected and processed by us through “our Site”: www.smartthinking.org.uk and www.smartthinkingjobs.co.uk
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Our contact details:
Name: Smart Thinking Platform Ltd
Address: 71 – 75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ
Phone Number:020 3622 5095
E-mail: [email protected]
The type of personal information we collect:
We may collect and process the following data about you:
This includes information provided by you by filling in forms on the site, subscribing to newsletters and might include the following:
- First name
- Last name
- Areas of interest
We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
How we get personal information and why we have it:
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- To receive our newsletters
- In response to a request for information by us when you report a problem with our Site
In addition to cookies (for which see our Cookies Policy) we may also collect details about your usage of our site. Those may include, but are not limited to:
- Traffic data
- Location data
We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- Send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include weekly newsletters, information about forthcoming events, blogs, publications and other information related to our work
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- To invite you to events run by us or our co-partners
- To notify you about changes to our service
- To monitor customer traffic patterns, site usage and related site information in order to optimize your use of our Site; data collected in this way will be aggregated and anonymized and these statistics will include no information personally identifying you
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
Your personal data is lawful because it is necessary for us to hold and use your personal data so that we can perform our obligations to you
Usage data is lawful because it is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us and/or our web developers in order to keep our Site up to date, organize events and provide additional services to our users from time to time
You are able to remove your consent to us using your personal data at any time. You can do this by contacting [email protected] or by unsubscribing to the mailing list.
Links to other websites
Our Site contains links to and from external websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Storage of data
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information: Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Transferring your information outside of Europe
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EU. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. By submitting your personal data, you are agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this policy. If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
Use of ‘cookies’
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. For more information on how to switch off cookies on your computer, visit our full cookies policy. Turning cookies off may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access
- You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification
- You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure
- You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing
- You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing
- You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability
- You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. Please contact us at [email protected] and 020 3633 5095 if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at [email protected] You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office Wycliffe House